Comment on page
Auto Tax Calculator can integrate with Avalara's AvaTax product. AvaTax calculations will be used when the Avalara License field in Inogic Settings is populated with the License Key provided by Avalara.
You will find the following Avalara Auto Tax Calculator fields:
- Avalara License: The license key assigned by Avalara for their product.
- Avalara Account: Account ID assigned by Avalara when you register for their product.
- Avalara URL: URL to the Avalara Web Service used for Auto Tax Calculator.
- Enable Avalara Address Validation: Flag to turn Tax Address Validation on or off. This will be No unless you have registered for Avalara.
- Avalara Default Ship From Address: The default Ship From address of the customer to use in calculating taxes. Here, you will get three options – Business Unit Bill to Address, Business Unit Ship to Address and Alternate Location.
- Business Unit Bill to Address – If this option is selected than the Ship from Address is picked from the Business Unit Bill to Address of the Logged in User.
- Business Unit Ship to Address – If this option is selected than the Ship from Address is picked from the Business Unit Ship to Address of the Logged in User.
- Alternate Location – If this option is selected than you can select a record from the Location entity.
- Avalara Commit on Post: When using Avalara, the settings inform the systems if the user would like to commit a Tax Document at the same time they Post it.
- Avalara Company Code: Identifies the company that helps Avalara access your company's tax profile.
- Once all the fields are duly entered, click on Save to complete the Avalara integration.
If Avalara is set as tax calculation type then on Account/Contact under Tax Processing tab additional fields are seen.
- Business Identification Number: Here, mention the unique identification number given to the business organization.
- Sales Tax Exemption Number: Here, mention the unique number that will give exemption from Sales Tax.
- Customer Usage Type: Select any option from the drop-down that defines the organization. For example - Federal Government, Local Government, Charitable Organization, etc. (This field is used while calculating tax with ‘Avalara’ integration).
On Header entities and line items we have added a fly out button called Tax Actions to execute Avalara commands. This fly out button has 7 options.
- Ping Service: This helps to verify that your connection is working.
- Validate Address: Resolves an address against Avalara’s address validation system. If the address can be resolved, this API provides the latitude and longitude of the resolved location.
- Adjust Tax: Replaces the current transaction uniquely identified by this URL with a new transaction.
- Cancel Tax: Voids the current transaction uniquely identified by this URL.
- Commit Tax: Marks a transaction by changing its status to Committed.
- Post Tax: Marks a transaction by changing its status to Posted.
- Get Tax: Records a new transaction in Avalara’s AvaTax API and calculates tax and updates in CRM.
Last modified 2yr ago