Yes, it allows you to create alerts for OOB as well as custom entities.
2) Can the alerts be shown as a Pop-up?
Yes, in addition to that alerts can also be displayed as a form notification on the entity record and be notified to the users through emails.
3) Does Alerts4Dynamics give user a provision to categorize the alerts based on the importance level of the alerts?
Yes, it allows user to classify and configure the alerts as 'Informational', 'Critical' and 'Warning' based on the nature/significance of the alerts.
4) Can Alerts4Dynamics trigger an alert for any action performed across CRM?
Yes, this can be achieved using 'Event-based Alerts' which prompts an alert once any action/event is performed within the CRM. For example, record creation, record status change, etc. For more information on event-based alerts, please refer the link.
5) Does Alerts4Dynamics have an ability to dismiss the alerts automatically once the status of the record changes? (From 'Active' >> 'Inactive').
This can be achieved with the help of 'Auto-Dismiss' functionality of Alerts4Dynamics. Please refer the link for more information on this feature. Moreover, it is also possible to auto dismiss the alert when the record no more satisfies the rule/condition defined for an alert in the configuration, please refer the link for this.
6) We have done a sandbox copy of the production environment to a TEST environment and would like to work with 'Alerts4Dynamics' solution in this new instance. What should we do?
For this, you need to delete the Inogic License Details record from your sandbox environment. After deleting, the next step would be to activate the license.
To delete the Alerts4Dynamics license follow the steps given below:
Navigate to Advanced Find.
Select Inogic License Details in ‘Look for’ --> Click on Results button.
Select the Alerts4Dynamics record and delete it.
7) What if user cannot see the 'Alerts4Dynamics' button on the entity?
User needs to have the Alerts4Dynamics privileges; Alerts4Dynamics User/Alerts4Dynamics Manager/Alerts4Dynamics Administrator Role in order to be able to see the Alerts4Dynamics notification bell button.
8) What to do if you get "Sorry, we couldn't find a Dynamics 365 organization connected to the signed-in user." message while installing from AppSource?
If you get the above message then follow the steps given below:
In the page URL, change CRM region to your specific region i.e. suppose your CRM URL is 'mycrm.crm8.dynamics.com'.
After following the above steps, you will be able to successfully install Alerts4Dynamics solution from AppSource.
9) Can I increase the number of users in an existing subscription?
Yes! You can anytime write us a mail on [email protected] that you want to ‘n’ number of users to your initial subscription. You will be charged on a pro-rata basis for the remaining period of the current subscription period.
10) How do I extend my Alerts4Dynamics trial/subscription?
To extend subscription/trial, please connect with us on [email protected] Our Team will get back to you as soon as possible.
11) Can I get a free license for sandbox/development environment on the purchase of Alerts4Dynamics license for production instance?
Yes, please connect with us on [email protected] Our Team will get back to you as soon as possible.
12) What if you see all the processes of Alerts4Dynamics in 'Draft/Deactivated' state after importing Alerts4Dynamics solution from the website?
Once the solution is imported, please follow the below steps to activate all the processes of Alerts4Dynamics.
Navigate to Advanced Settings --> Settings --> Process Center --> Processes.
Under 'All Processes' view, activate the processes as shown below: