Comment on page
Bulk Migration Job
Bulk Migration Job Entity enables users to configure the bulk movement of the attachments from CRM to the configured cloud storage and also it shows the details and status of the migrating Email Body Content, Activity/ Notes/ Sales Literature Attachments.
- Users are advised to do the migration during off-business hours for minimum interruption as there may be bulk of data to be moved.
- Only the Entities where the Attachment Action is defined as Move or Copy in the Entity Configuration will be considered for Bulk Migration.
You will have to fill in the following details while configuring the Bulk Migration Job.
In this section, define the Activity/Note/Sales Literature attachments along with the period that you want to move to the cloud storage.
Likewise, for the Bulk Migration Job of Email Body Content, select the cloud storage, schedule the date, and select the period for which you would like to migrate.
- 1.For ?: This specifies whether we are doing Bulk Migration for Notes, Activities, Sales Literature, or Email Body Content.
- 2.Connector: In this field, we specify the connector support i.e. SharePoint, Dropbox, or Azure Blob Storage.
- 3.Schedule Date: The scheduled date keeps track of the date from which the migration job will start.
- 4.Attachment Action: In this field, we specify the action ie. Copy or Move.
- 5.Operator: In this field, we specify the period for which we have to migrate Note/Email Attachment/Sales Literature Attachments to cloud storage. Here, X represents the numerical value. For e.g. Last 10 days, Last 3 weeks, etc. where the number 10 and 3 specifies the Value.
- 1.Last X Days: Specify data of how many(X) days have to be migrated to cloud storage.
- 2.Last X Weeks: Specify data of how many(X) weeks have to migrate to cloud storage.
- 3.Last X Months: Specifies data of how many(X) months have to be migrated to cloud storage.
- 4.Last X Years: Specifies data of how many(X) years have to be migrated to cloud storage.
- 5.Older Than: This moves all the Notes/Email attachments prior to and inclusive of the date to cloud storage.
- 6.Custom: This specifies the period Process From date to Process Till date between which the data is to be moved to cloud storage.
Note: The Notes and Sales Literature Attachments will be moved to their corresponding record folder. Email attachments and Email Content will move to a common folder named Email Attachment or Regarding Folder.
The next tab is Information which comprises the details of processed records.
- 1.Total Records Processed: Total number of Email Body Content/ Activity/ Notes/ Sales Literature Attachments that are processed.
- 2.Total Succeeded Records: Total number of records that have successfully migrated to cloud storage.
- 3.Total Ignored Records: Number of records that were ignored.
- 4.Total Failed Records: Total number of records that failed in the process of migration.
- 5.Total Succeeded Size (KB): The size of records that were moved to cloud storage. This tells the Dynamics 365 CRM user how much space he has freed from the CRM.
- 6.Total Ignored Size (KB): This is the size of files that were ignored while migrating to cloud storage.
- 7.Total Failed Size (KB): Size of failed files while uploading to cloud storage.
Last modified 2mo ago